Sunday, September 18, 2011

Viva Mexico!

With today's bedtime closely approaching (ahem, 9 p.m.) my birthday vacation is over. Yes, this year I dedicated an entire 10 days to my birthday. It really wasn't all about me, but more like doing things I enjoy.

Those things included...
- Seeing family including Bon Bon and my adorable niece Abby
- Too much shopping for myself (Bon was quick to reassure its acceptable during birthday week)
- Yummy cooking with my family
- Lots of talking and laughing with family and a good friend
- Missoni for Target!

I wrapped up my birthday week by meeting my best friend Chelsea in Mexico. I haven't been on a non-work trip in a while, and just wanted pure relaxation. It was the perfect three days for Chelsea and I to have our Freinaissance!


And I discovered September 15th is Mexican Independence Day. Chels and I joined in with our resort's festivities, and to make her happy we went dancing. Being friends with Chelsea in college was a never ending effort of avoiding "going out dancing." She loves it, I hate it. If you saw us dance you would understand why. But it was great!

The whole week was fantastic, it is one of the best birthdays I've had in a long time! All of these activities definitely deserve more details and pictures, so I'll post more later (I know my audience of 2 was worried). I am so grateful to have my family and friends who bring me happiness! Tomorrow morning I'm headed to New York, which also brings me happiness, and the opportunity to see another close friend, Arielle.

Here's to a great okay 28th year!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a blast! Good for you! I am so glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete