Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Welcome June!

I started this morning with a “proper” Rabbit Rabbit and a resolve: to write something every day.

Today I had the good fortune of driving from LA to Palm Desert… and back. I have finished a 9-disc 10-hour book on tape in 3 days. I would’ve finished a lot sooner, but sometimes I don’t think the calm British reading voice is an appropriate companion to my road rage. I still can’t get over being 13 miles from home but still 45 minutes in the car.

But my long-distance driving is shelved for a while! Boo-yah! This was cause enough for a celebration this evening. I found an avocado “ice-cream” recipe that was heavenly and decided to try it out. I did not use an ice cream maker, just my trusty new cuisinart. And I didn't eat all of this at once... although I could have... Obvs.

The gist:

1.5 ripe avocados

1ish frozen banana in chunks

1 cup almond milk

Sweetener

Sadly I’m not a cool (lame?) food blogger with step-by-step recipe pics, but something tells me that’s not far off (the pictures, not cool blogger-ness). Instead we can pretend that this is my beautiful concoction. In real life I layered it like a parfait with blueberries and sliced almonds. I don’t mind never eating guacamole again. (This is probably a lie)

On my radar this month:

- Vegas for a day, slathering on extra moisturizer tomorrow and hitting da strip!

- Barcelona for almost a week including a much-needed day off. Plan on spending it at la playa and Zara Home

- The Sales Period (need to start stretching, hydrating, getting extra sleep)

- Practicing my Spanish more than the 10 minutes before Spanish class on Mondays

- Volunteering at Hollywood’s Farmer Market, I hope to score some kale.

I better quit now to keep my daily resolution, otherwise I'll reveal all my June gems too soon!

1 comment:

  1. What's up Keena! I have had your blog on my roll for a little while, and I saw a post and I was happy. I like your to do list. Way better than mine. I am seriously considering having you shop at Zara for me (or maybe H&M, cause I didn't have a chance to buy anything there) and sending you some money for me.
    I used to make avocado milkshakes similar to the one you did with Ruth in high school, and then later in college with Spencer and they are yums. But yours looks good, with almond milk? So good.
    Love ya Keena!!

    ReplyDelete